Jacqueline provides QEEG brain map assessments, neurofeedback training, ADHD assessment and management, and individual psychological consultation across a range of areas including symptoms of anxiety, depression, and stress.
Jacqueline is highly committed to and passionate about, the promotion of ADHD both as a clinician and researcher to reduce associated stigma. Advancing the neurobiological framework of ADHD to improve assessment measures and treatment outcomes drive her enthusiasm to the ongoing pursuit of emerging research and evidence-based solutions in helping her clients.
Jacqueline draws from over 15 years’ experience as a registered Psychologist in the corporate and private sector, postgraduate training in clinical neuroscience at the Brain & Mind Research Institute at Sydney Medical School, and as a brain researcher at The University of Sydney Medical School. She enjoys working with children; adolescent and adult clients across a range of areas including anxiety, depression, and relationship issues although her strong interest involves the assessment and management of Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD).
Jacqueline is also based part-time at The Westmead Institute for Medical Research, Sydney Medical School, Discipline of Psychiatry, where she is completing research as part of her Ph.D., involving neuroimaging (MRI) and its contribution toward the determination of neurobiological markers that may characterise the inattentive and combined presentations of ADHD.
Further, Jacqueline has served as both committee member and Chair of the Sydney branch of the Australian Psychological Society, which has over 4000 members. In addition, Jacqueline has consulted to the media with appearances on the Channel 9 network “today”, 6pm News and “mornings” shows, Channel 7 network “Today Tonight”, radio and numerous print media: Sydney Morning Herald, Cosmopolitan, Dolly, Marie-Claire, Madison, That’s Life, Women’s Health & others.
- Saad, J.F., Griffiths, K., Korgaonkar, M. (2020). A Systematic Review of Imaging Studies in the Combined and Inattentive Subtypes of Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder. Frontiers in Integrative Neuroscience [ in press].
- Saad, J.F., Griffiths, K., Kohn, M.R., Clarke, S., Williams, L.M., Korgaonkar, M. (2018). T59. Does White Matter Microstructural Integrity Differ in the Combined and Inattentive Subtypes of ADHD? A Diffusion Tensor Imaging Study. Biological Psychiatry. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.biopsych.2018.02.395
- J.F Saad., K.R Griffiths., M.R Kohn., S Clarke., L.M Williams., M.S Korgaonkar. (2017). Regional brain network organization distinguishes the combined and inattentive subtypes of Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder.Neuroimage:Clinical.Doi: http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S2213158217301213
- Saad, J. F., Kohn, M. R., Clarke, S., Lagopoulos, J., & Hermens, D. F. (2015). Is the Theta/Beta EEG Marker for ADHD Inherently Flawed? J Atten Disord. doi:10.1177/1087054715578270
- Saad, J.F. Brain structural features that characterize the inattentive and combined subtypes of ADHD. Poster session presented at “Illuminating the Scientific Process: Innovation, Replication, and Paradigm Shifts in Biological Psychiatry” 71st Annual Scientific Meeting of the Society of Biological Psychiatry, Atlanta, GA. USA
Academic and Clinical Presentations of ADHD research:
- Speaker Engagement: ADHD Presentation Types. Oral presentation to Knox Grammar Academic Staff, February 2020.
- Speaker Engagement: “Neurofeedback: How does it work and what to expect”. Oral Presentation to ADHD central –peer group of Paediatricians and Psychiatrists, May 2019.
- Speaker Engagement: ADHD Brains in the Classroom. Oral presentation to Knox Grammar Academic Staff, January 2019.
- Speaker engagement: “ADHD Workshop for School Psychologists” Oral Presentation. Shire Australia, September 2018.
- Invited Keynote speaker at the Applied Neuroscience Society of Australasia. Annual Conference 2018- Brain, Mind & Consciousness: Psychobiology of Neuromodulation, Brisbane.
- Oral Presentation “ADHD and Sleep in Children and Adolescents, GP Symposium, The Woolcock Institute for Medical Research”. 26 May 2018.
- Speaker engagement: “Connecting the Dots in ADHD: Insights emerging from brain connectivity networks”. Oral presentation to Northshore Private Pediatricians Support Group, 19 May 2018, Sydney.
- Poster session presented at “Biomarkers, Biomodels and Psychiatric Disorders” 73rd Annual Scientific Meeting of the Society of Biological Psychiatry; 2018 May 10-12, 2018.
- Poster session, and invited to present at data blitz, at American Professional Society for ADHD and related disorders, Washington D.C, January 2018.
- Speaker engagement: “Neurobiological markers that differentiate the ADHD subtypes”. Oral Presentation to ADHD central – peer group of Paediatricians and Psychiatrists, November 2017.
- Poster session presented at “Inter-University Neuroscience and Mental Health Conference”, School of Medicine, Western Sydney University, Australia. AND Selected for Data Blitz presentation, 2017.
- Poster Presentation at Students of Brain Research, 2017 Symposium, Melbourne.
- Poster Presentation at Brain & Mind Centre 2017 Symposium, Sydney Medical School.
- Poster Presentation at Society for Biological Psychiatry Australia, 2017.
- Oral Presentation to the Discipline of Psychiatry, Sydney Medical School. 2016 & 2017.
- Poster session presented at Westmead Hospital Association Week, 2016 & 2017.
- Poster session presented at “Illuminating the Scientific Process: Innovation, Replication, and Paradigm Shifts in Biological Psychiatry” 71st Annual Scientific Meeting of the Society of Biological Psychiatry; 2016 May 12-14; Atlanta, GA.
- Oral Presentation by invitation to Australian Psychological Society Sydney Branch Members on “Benefits of technology-based resources into private practice”. October 2016.
- Australian Psychological Society: Full Member
- APSARD- The American Professional Society of ADHD and related disorders
- Applied Neuroscience Society of Australasia
- Australian ADHD Professionals Association
- Society for Biological Psychiatry
- Society for Mental Health Research- Australia
- International Society for Neurofeedback and Research